Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I fell out of a chair.

I fell out of the chair in the courtyard today. I was talking to the baby and had sort of turned sideways when suddenly I just went over backwards. I tried to stop it, flailing about and all, but there was nothing to be done. Luckily a cinderblock caught my fall. And also luckily no one but Richardson saw it.
Richardson was coughing all day which worries me. If you didn't already know, HIV really compromises your immune system. I will wait and see if I should take him for a check up at the doctor.
The kids were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them as usual.
I had something stolen out of my room here at the hostel on Sunday. It really bothers me because it means that someone was actually in my room. So now I lock it even if I am simply walking around the corner.
Michael and I went to the hotel for the better wifi yesterday and on the way back, upon entering the hostel a HUGE spider came out of nowhere. It was about the size of my hand. I leapt into the air with a shriek of surprise and then quickly told Michael not to hurt it, but to no avail. The next ten seconds were interesting. The spider running in circles around the room, me running in circles around the room screaming hysterically with my hands waving above my head, and Michael attempting to stomp it. He did stomp it, and I yelled at him. He then explained to me that spiders were not allowed in the hostel because if a guest is bit we don't have a good way of getting them to the hospital. I decided not to point out that tarantula venom has never killed anyone, ever. It's true. I own four tarantulas, I'd know.
That's about all I've got. We're expecting  some chaos to start soon, but thus far have seen no burning tires in the roads, which is a sure sign that it's starting.
Got a flat on the moto today and I thought we were going down for sure, but Daniel saved it. We had to walk the rest of the way to the hostel.
I'll write tomorrow with hopefully more interesting things to say.
Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love reading about your adventures! I had. A huge smile by the end of this entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. When Tawnya told me there was a new post from you I had to get home so I could read it. Always good to know how your day has gone and what you are doing. I hope the baby is over his cough soon. Feel like I know and love that little guy. Three people asked me today how they could help you and the kids. Is a toy drive a good idea or a book drive or school supplies? Let us know.

    ReplyDelete