Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mosquitos

I hate mosquitos
I hate mosquitos
I hate mosquitos
I hate mosquitos
It's my new meditation mantra.
I washed clothes today. I actually don't mind it. The trick is to wait until you literally have nothing left to wear and then spend two hours sloshing your clothing around in a bucket of water that gets progressively more dirty. And then you get new water and start over. Yeeeeeeee what fun!!!
Michael and I went to the store and to lunch yesterday.  The streets were surprisingly calm, but the election is today so let's see how that goes.
Last night I needed some duct tape to fix my fan so I asked Michael. He came back with a thin piece of sheet metal that was incredibly sticky on one side. I asked what on earth it was and he said "It's industrial grade airline tape." Or something like that. Of course he would have that.
I sliced my finger open at the orphanage the other day. I ran into the office and bandaged it up, but the thing was I had sliced it open on my hair clip. I have no idea how. I was trying to readjust the clip and then my finger was bleeding. So Katly (one of the women who works there) sat me down in the chair, took away my clip, and cornrowed my hair. It was quite beautiful. Felt great not having all that hair. The result of injuring yourself.
Anyway, I'll go check my laundry, see if it's drying.
Glad to be alive.
--S

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sadie, do you have a picture of Ketlie doing your hair? If not, have her do your hair so that you can have Johanne take a good during the process.

    I think everything went reasonably well with the elections today. I listened to Haitian news all day today, but did not hear of any major disruptions. I hope all regular activities will resume tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete